Saturday, January 9, 2010

if you can't find it, make it.

So I just recently bought a new car stereo that will work with my iPhone and iPod. This is great news because of how much time I have been forced to spend in the car recently. In my excitement, however, I forgot that there is really no convenient place to keep my iPhone while driving. All devices on the market are a bit awkward and would be in the way in my compact little car. Considering what I do all day, it was a simple decision to design my own iPhone grippy thing. I designed it to fit in the only spot where it would not be in the way of something, although the surface I chose had no flat parts and was a constant curve. In the end it all seems to have worked out.







I cast it in a flexible silicone rubber.










Installed. I test drove it home and it holds on like a son of a bitch. Looks like a full success.













No comments:

Post a Comment